Leaders from all walks of life pay tribute to former defense minister
During his tenure as Minister of Defense, he oversaw several crucial measures, including the implementation of the One Rank One pension scheme and the surgical strikes in Pakistan.
File image of former Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar. PTI
Leaders from all political backgrounds paid tribute to former Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar today, December 13, on his 66th birthday.
Goan Chief Minister Pramod Sawant paid a floral tribute to the statue of Parrikar to Smriti Sthal in the Miramar of Panaji. Sawant also took to Twitter and shared a video clip of the former defense minister showing his political background. Sawant called his predecessor the “architect of modern Goa” while paying homage to the late politician.
Tributes to the architect from modern Goa, the late Dr Manohar Bhai Parrikar on his birthday. pic.twitter.com/1ycEI1Hm4I
– Dr Pramod Sawant (@DrPramodPSawant) December 13, 2021
Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri also remembered Goa’s late Chief Minister on his 66th birthday. Calling Parikkar a “gentleman politician,” Puri wrote that his friendly personality and simplicity continue to inspire political leaders.
Remembering party leader and politician Shri Manohar Parrikar Ji on his birthday. His affable personality and his simplicity continue to inspire the political class. @ BJP4India pic.twitter.com/9UHq6Dwxxf
– Hardeep Singh Puri (@HardeepSPuri) December 13, 2021
Union Law and Justice Minister Kiren Rijiju also recalled the time he spent with Manohar Parrikar, saying that the simplicity and genuine personality of the former defense minister remain inspiration for everyone.
Lovingly remember the former Minister of Defense and ex-CM of Goa, the late Shri Manohar Parrikar ji, on his birthday. Its authenticity and simplicity continue to inspire us on a daily basis. pic.twitter.com/pQjELPE5tP
– Kiren Rijiju (@KirenRijiju) December 13, 2021
Union Minister of Ports, Navigation and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal paid tribute to Parrikar, adding that the late BJP chief’s dedication to serving the country remains an inspiration.
In remembrance of the former Indian Minister of Defense, Manohar Parrikar on his jayanti. A beloved leader, his straightforward approach to life and his dedication to serving the nation continues to inspire us. pic.twitter.com/TVVS5RUxI5
– Sarbananda Sonowal (@sarbanandsonwal) December 13, 2021
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee also took to Twitter to pay tribute to the late BJP leader:
Remembrance of Manohar Parrikar ji, former Minister of Defense and former Chief Minister of Goa, on his birthday.
– Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) December 13, 2021
Some facts about Manohar Parrikar:
- Manohar Parrikar was born on December 13, 1955. He was the country’s defense minister from 2014 to 2017 during the first term of Narendra Modi’s government.
- In his early days, Parrikar worked in his father’s store in Mapusa, Goa.
- He graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Bombay, where he obtained his BTech in Metallurgical Engineering in 1978.
- After graduating, Parrikar started his own joint venture at Tivim Industrial Estate. The late politician also had two hydraulic engineering units in 1981. After a few years in business, Parrikar became actively involved in politics in 1988.
- The former Chief Minister of Goa was often seen wearing short sleeve shirts and Kolhapuri chappals and enjoyed living his life in a simple and relaxed manner.
- The first IIT graduate to become a state chief minister, Parrikar was elected chief minister of Goa in 2000.
- During his tenure as Minister of Defense, he oversaw several crucial measures, such as the implementation of the One Rank One pension scheme, the surgical strikes in Myanmar and Pakistan and the integration of the aircraft. light combat Tejas in the Indian Air Force, as well as the negotiation of the Rafale agreement with France.
- He breathed his last on March 17, 2019, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.
Read all Recent news, New Trends, Cricket news, Bollywood News,
India News and Entertainment News here. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.